Interdoc Scotland helps ambitious emerging producers with a feature documentary in development or production test ideas and storytelling approaches, strategise their finance plans, enhance their knowledge of national and international markets, hone their trailers, and increase their chances of successfully funding their documentaries.
The programme consists of three individual consultations over 9 months (between February 2015 and October 2015), one lab day taking place in Edinburgh and an industry day at The Edinburgh Pitch 2015.
Please read our Guidelines.
Apologies, applications for Interdoc Scotland 2015 are now closed. Please get in touch about applying next year!
Deadline for applications: Monday 2nd February 2015 (12 noon)
Applications to Interdoc Scotland are free
If selected, the participation fee is £200 (incl. VAT):
– this fee includes 3 consultations, participation to a lab day (plus lunch) and a complimentary observer pass to The Edinburgh Pitch.
– bursaries are available for selected participants, on application.
– fee is due as soon as the applicant accepts his/her place on the course.
To be eligible you must:
- be Scottish-based
- have at least 2 years experience in the film or television industries;
- have a documentary project in development or production which is: feature length (i.e. at least 52mins) and aimed at the international market.
For any further question, please email email@example.com
Interdoc was first set up in 2007 by Rachel Wexler (Bungalow Town Productions) and Ian Davies (Initialize Films) to help develop feature length documentaries. Rachel and Initialize Films then teamed up with Scottish Documentary Institute to deliver Interdoc+, a highly bespoke and tailored programme for a select group of producers aiming for the North American market, and Interdoc Scotland for emerging Scottish-based filmmakers.
Interdoc Scotland is supported by Creative Scotland & the Edinburgh College of Art (University of Edinburgh)