THIS IS SCOTLAND is a new talent initiative, run in association with Creative Scotland that offers Scottish based filmmakers a unique opportunity to work with SDI Productions, resulting in two 30-minute creative documentaries that will screen at peak time on STV.
“Not only was this to chance to discover and foster new talent but we are thrilled to present a peak time platform for excellent documentaries, showcasing them to a wide audience, whom I am sure will engage with the stories of ordinary and extraordinary people in Scotland. “
(Elizabeth Partyka, deputy director of Channels, STV)
SORRY – THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW CLOSED
We are looking for ambitious emerging Scottish-based filmmakers willing to develop projects to engage with STV’s peak time audience and to explore contemporary, topical, human stories in Scotland. Six projects will be selected to be developed and honed further through individual consultancies.
Among these six projects, two will be commissioned, produced through SDI Productions and broadcast by STV at peak time and promoted on the STV player through a special event.
- The deadline for entries is Friday 27th March, will the initial 6 projects being selected in early April.
- Short-listed participants are expected to attend two compulsory individual consultancies (see our Guidelines & Information for all relevant dates).
- Development will continue throughout April with the commissioning pitch taking place in early May. The films are expected to be delivered by December 2015.
- Only filmmakers resident in Scotland and with at least two short films screened publicly (TV broadcast or festival) can apply. We are especially interested in filmmakers from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
- We cannot accept applications from students in full time education.
- Applications and participation to THIS IS SCOTLAND are free.
- All consultancies will take place at the Edinburgh Art College (University of Edinburgh), home of the Scottish Documentary Institute.
Read our Guidelines & Information
Note that the two films commissioned in 2014 are available on the STV player until mid March:
For any further questions, please email Rebecca@scottishdocinstitute.com
THIS IS SCOTLAND is supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland, STV & the Edinburgh College of Art (University of Edinburgh)