Applications are now open for established Scotland-based producers and filmmakers to attend HotDocs 2020 in Toronto as a funded delegate.
To be eligible, applicants must have a feature project in development, production, post-production or distribution with confirmed funding from Screen Scotland or another key UK or international funder.
Hot Docs, North America’s largest documentary festival, runs April 30th– May 10th 2020 with the industry programming taking place Monday May 4th to Friday May 8th.
Each bursary will include the following:
- A bursary of up to £1,600 to be used for your travel, accommodation & registration fees;
- Access to a Hotdocs All Access Pass (including access to the Hot Docs Festival screenings, conference and Forum);
- Access to preferential accommodation rates in the Festival’s accredited hotels;
- A session with the Scottish Documentary Institute team to help you make the most of your festival. Date & Location TBC;
- Delegation members also have access to apply to the one-on-one Deal Maker meetings with Broadcasters and Funders from around the world, and the Distribution Rendezvous meetings with top level distributors, sales agents and festival programmers;
- Each Sottish delegation member can submit one free film to the Doc Shop, Hot Docs’ on-demand digital video library for international buyers and programmers. All submitted films will be featured in a prominent playlist on the website’s homepage;
Applications close January 6th – find out more in our Delegations section.