Scotland’s only international documentary pitching forum is back for its 14th year this June!
Running alongside the Edinburgh International Film Festival, the Edinburgh Pitch is aimed at independent filmmakers and companies developing and raising finance for creative feature documentaries and considering international co-productions.
One notable success to come out of the Edinburgh Pitch is the Oscar-nominated The Cave, which was pitched to us in 2018. Elsewhere, Danish-Greenlandic feature The Fight for Greenland was pitched in Edinburgh in 2019 as Declare Independence and will open CPH:DOX in Copenhagen later this year.
Between Monday 17th and Wednesday 19th June, participants will have the chance to take part in a preparatory pitch training workshop, before formally pitching their projects to a panel at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
They’ll also get the opportunity to meet commissioning editors and experts for one-to-one meetings.
Last year’s panellists included:
- Mandy Chang (BBC Storyville)
- Pamela Cohn
- Tijana Djukic (Taskovski Films)
- Leslie Finlay (Screen Scotland)
- Daniel Green (Dogwoof)
- Maelle Guenegues (CAT & Docs)
- Chris Harris (Picturehouse Cinemas)
- Tracie Holder
- Melanie Iredale (Sheffield Doc/Fest)
- Charlotte Gry Madsen (SVT)
- Tony Nellany (BBC Scotland)
- Lynn Nwokorie (Doc/Society)
- Sarafina DiFelice (Netflix)
- Adriek van Nieuwenhuijzen (IDFA Forum)
- Jenny Westergard (YLE)
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we have now extended our application deadline to 22nd April 2020.
The Edinburgh Pitch is supported by Screen Scotland.