Scotland’s only international documentary pitching forum is back for its 15th year this June!
The Edinburgh Pitch focuses on connecting, not competing; on passion, not pressure. It is aimed at independent filmmakers and companies developing and raising finance for creative feature documentaries and considering international co-productions.
Previous successes to come out of the Edinburgh Pitch include the Oscar-nominated The Cave and Danish-Greenlandic feature The Fight for Greenland, which was pitched in Edinburgh in 2019 as Declare Independence.
Twelve carefully selected participants will take part in an online preparatory workshop a few weeks before making their formal online pitch to an industry panel on Tuesday 15th June, before attending online one-to-one meetings with decision makers on Wednesday 16th June.
Last year’s panellists included:
- Hannah Bailey (Doc Society)
- Mandy Chang (BBC Storyville)
- Joost Daamen (IDFA)
- Jackie Murphy (AlJazeera Media Network)
- Thomas Drachkovitch (Amazon Originals)
- Leslie Finlay (Screen Scotland)
- Cíntia Gil (Sheffield Doc/Fest)
- Daniel Green (Dogwoof)
- Tony Nellany (BBC Scotland)
- Lindsay Poulton (The Guardian)
- Teresa Simikova (CPH:DOX)
- Ania Trzebiatowska (Sundance Film Festival)
The Edinburgh Pitch is supported by Screen Scotland.