An exciting day and a half of panel discussions, talks and networking opportunities exploring the changing landscape of marketing & distribution, and the increasingly significant role of the PMD. (Fri 29 – Sat 30 January 2016)
Taking place in Edinburgh on Friday 29th and the morning of Saturday 30th January, the events will mark the Industry Launch of the new Make Your Market initiative. Run in partnership by SDI and London’s We Are The Tonic, the training programme offers six months of mentoring and practical experience to two PMDs who will work closely on the marketing campaigns of two selected film projects.
The Launch event in January is open for all to attend and will provide a fantastic opportunity to hear from industry leaders on the very latest developments in communication strategy and innovative distribution campaigns. Filmmaker Jon Reiss, and author of Think Outside the Box Office: The Ultimate Guide to Film Distribution in the Digital Era, credited for coining the title PMD, will deliver the Keynote speech on the morning of the 29th.
Our experts for the sessions include:
– Academy Award and BAFTA-winning Producer of The King’s Speech and CEO of Bedlam Film Productions, Gareth Ellis-Unwin will represent a distribution case study on award-winning Kajaki: A True Story.
– Event Cinema pioneer, Penny Nagle will talk of her experience at the forefront of Event cinema with her company More2Screen and how it is changing local cinemas into world-class art centres.
– Katie Ellen, Senior Manager of the BFI’s Audience & Distribution funds will discuss new key players on the fast changing scene of distribution and the varying models
– Artist & Filmmaker Jeanie Finlay, will discuss engaging audiences in meaningful ways with her films, The Great Hip Hop Hoax, Orion and Sound It Out.
– Sarah Mosses from Together Films, specialises in distribution and impact campaigns – recent films include The Hunting Ground, Ping Pong.
– Filmmaker and Campaigner Ben Kempas, will discuss campaign strategies that he employs at his Edinburgh-based company Film & Campaign.
– Scotland’s Filmhub Manager Sambrooke Scott will lend his views on working with exhibitors and enhancing opportunities for audiences.
Alongside the talks there will be opportunities to network and engage with the wider community of filmmakers and producers about key developments and changes in thinking about distribution and marketing strategy.
Tickets for the day and a half long event: £70 (+vat).
Earlybird, (book before Monday 11th January), GMAC & IPS Members: get tickets for £50 (+vat)
Student Discount available – email Drew@scotdoc.com
Fri 29th Jan 2016: 10:30-17:30
Sat 30th Jan 2016: 9:30 – 13:30
Refreshments will be provided throughout.
Buy Tickets here.
Make Your Market is run in collaboration with We Are The Tonic and supported by Creative Scotland.
This film was made possible through Make Your Market, an opportunity for Scottish-based emerging film makers.