COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU:
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
More about our cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
We use the NationBuilder platform to organize our community. The owners of NationBuilder have certified that their systems comply with EU/US Safe Harbour principles – required to ensure full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our user data is entirely owned by us – SDI – and not by NationBuilder.
NationBuilder – Confidentiality Policy
Other third-party functions
Social media cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. (Learn how here.) Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called ‘spyware’. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.