Download an MS Word transcript of the live captioning that took place during the event.
The words Audio Description, Captioning and Sign Language might only start popping up in the conversation when a film is finished and ready to be distributed – that’s if they do at all!
Our guests discussed preconceptions surrounding accessibility and inclusivity, looking at new trends on the horizon and how filmmakers at all levels can make changes to their processes.
The speakers are:
- Flore Cosquer, Head of Talent Development, Scottish Documentary Institute
- Kiana Kalantar-Hormozi – Filmmaker
- Alison Smith, Equalities and Diversity Officer, Creative Scotland
- Helen Wright – Co-founder and Coordinator, Scottish Queer International Film Festival (SQIFF)
- Elena Zini – Founder, Screen Language