We are thrilled to be partnering with EURODOC to bring the first session of their programme to Edinburgh in March 2018, thanks to the support of Creative Scotland.
EURODOC is a training programme designed for European documentary producers and/or filmmakers developing a feature project with international potential.
This will be a unique opportunity for Scottish producers/directors to be part of EURODOC 2018 and to gain a deeper insight into international co-productions, and to create new connections with a group of international documentary professionals.
In parallel to this first session, a selected group of up to 12 Scottish-based documentary professionals will take part in an intensive 5-day workshop focusing on project development.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
• Receive in-depth feedback and advice from producer and founder of OY MILENNIUM FILM Kristiina Pervilä-Andersson who will run the workshop
• Access the EURODOC Plenary Sessions (exploring topics such as rights acquisition, development funding or alternative realities & VR)
• Attend EURODOC Masterclasses and Case Studies organised during the week of the workshop
• Attend two screenings organised in Edinburgh, followed by extended Q&As on the production process of the films and their distribution
• Network with European and international documentary producers
Please note this is an opportunity to take part in the one week Scottish session of EURODOC and is not an application to the entire EURODOC 2018 programme.
Applications must be submitted by 15th January 2018 via: https://vp.eventival.eu/
Materials requested (in English) include:
– Synopsis & Treatment
– Budget & financing plan
– CV of the filmmaker (with if available Vimeo link of a previous film)
– CV of the applicant & production company profile
Workshop Dates: 5th-9th March 2018
– Managing directors from production companies
– Production managers
– Executives from institutions in charge of documentary funds
Please note that only one participant per project can attend the workshop
Costs for the applicants:
The pedagogical costs are covered thanks to the EURODOC 2018 programme partners as well as 70% of the accommodation expenses for the session. The participants will only have to pay for their transport costs and cover 30% of the accommodation expenses:
• Option 1 – with hotel: estimated cost £225-250 (260-290€)
• Option 2 – without hotel (only lunches, diners and coffee breaks): estimated cost £90-110 (100-125€)
Contact and information:
EURODOC – Marie Pourcelot – firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Documentary Institute – Flore Cosquer – email@example.com
The EURODOC programme is supported by the CREATIVE Europe – MEDIA programme of the European Community, Centre National du Cinéma et de l’image animée & PROCIPEP (France) and the partners welcoming the sessions.