We’re thrilled to announce the selected projects and panellists for this year’s Edinburgh Pitch, which will take place online in June.
Celebrating its 15th year in 2021, the Edinburgh Pitch is the only international documentary pitching forum in Scotland. It is aimed at independent filmmakers and companies developing and raising finance for creative feature documentaries and considering international co-productions. This year’s selected projects are:
- Afterlife – Director: Malin Nicander / Producers: Ashley Smith, Mario Adamson (Sweden)
- Another World – Director/Producer: Tushar Madhav (India)
- Black Snow – Director: Aline Simone / Producer: Kirstine Barfod (Denmark)
- The Business of Death – Director: Gemma Atkinson / Producers: Jodie Taylor, Fred Grace (UK)
- Everything You Have is Yours – Director: Tatyana Tenebaum / Producer: Brighid Greene (USA)
- K for Kashmir – Director: Reaa Puri / Producers: Reaa Puri, Maya Wise (USA)
- The Law Enforcement Guide to Satanic Cults – Directors/Producers: Scott Calonico, Harmon Leon (USA)
- Laws of the Wild – Director: Sally Jacobson, Tuva Björk / Producers: Tobias Janson, Melissa Lindgren (Sweden)
- Night Gardener – Director: Daniel Gough / Producers: Anne Milne, Sonja Henrici (UK / Scotland)
- Nuncle – Director: Simon Chambers / Producer: David Rane (Ireland)
- La Sagrada Familia – Director: Borja Alcalde / Producers: Steve Allen, Adam Dawtrey, Yuby Hernandez, Emma Koubayssi, Borja Alcalde (UK / Scotland)
- Searching for Space – Director: Cara Holmes / Producer: Evan Horan (Ireland)
Once again we’ve been overwhelmed by the support and interest of broadcasters, funders, sales agents and festivals who have agreed to be part of our panel, funders and development agencies who have agreed to part of our incredible panel, which this year is comprised of representatives from Arte GEIE, Autlook Filmsales, BBC Scotland, BBC Storyville, CAT & Docs, CPH:DOX/CPH:Forum, Doc Society, Dogwoof, The Guardian, IDFA, MET Film Sales, POV, Screen Scotland, Sky, Sundance, SVT, Taskovski Films (and more to be confirmed soon!)
Members of the public are invited to attend a special webinar featuring our panellists on Tuesday 15th June at 1.30pm. It’s a chance to find out more about the projects they’ve commissioned in the past and what they might be looking for in the future. We’ll also discuss the impact the Edinburgh Pitch has made to the world of documentary over the last 15 years.
For any further questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.